Cognivue: Cognitive Screenings
Cognivue Provides Fast & Effective Screening For Memory, Visuospatial, and Executive Function
A decade long study by Dr. Frank Lin, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 2014, notes the possibility of a five-fold increase in dementia for individuals with a mild, medium, and severe hearing loss. How the loss of sensory stimulation from hearing decline increases your risk for developing dementia is complex, but the link provides audiologists ample reasons for concern.
For the past 10 years, Gold Country Hearing has helped hundreds of patients and their families to live a richer, more independent, and higher quality of life by combining our expertise with top-level technology. Cognivue is another breakthrough technology that we are providing to our patients to expand our capacity to help with any potential cognitive challenges.
What to Expect at Cognivue Screening?
People of all ages need to place a higher priority on the risk factors associated with cognitive decline. Many of the symptoms associated with declining memory, reasoning, language, attention, and other thought processes result from underlying conditions related to untreated hearing loss, including:
- Depression and Anxiety stem from feeling broken, fear of what the future holds, a loss of control, or feelings of guilt due to a lack of productivity and dependence on others.
- Untreated Conditions, like hearing loss, not only continue to do damage to your hearing but are also often connected to other treatable health conditions. These conditions go unnoticed as individuals self-diagnose and treat symptoms or ignore their condition entirely.
- Lifestyle Choices become limited when communication becomes a challenge. Along with isolation, individuals with an untreated hearing loss often decrease the amount of exercise they get, fail to receive adequate nutrition, and sometimes turn to alcohol, tobacco, and drugs (illicit, OTC, and prescription) to escape the causes of depression and anxiety.
Cognivue screenings are a major step toward identifying cognitive decline caused by these conditions that are common among patients who have left their hearing loss untreated for an extended period of time.
Schedule a Cognivue Screening at Gold Country Hearing
Because of the link between hearing loss and cognitive decline, your Gold Country Hearing team believes that Cognivue screenings provides you with the opportunity to discover any cognitive challenges earlier rather than later.
Using this unique technology, you can add to the quality of life advantages you enjoy from better hearing.
If you are concerned about a loved one’s cognitive health, then you can schedule a Cognivue screening at Gold Country Hearing.
ThriveTM by Cognivue Empowers You to Check Your Brain Health
ThriveTM provides a quick and reliable screening of your overall brain health, eliminating uncertainty about the status of your brain health and establishing a baseline score against which you and your doctor can monitor and detect issues early, when it matters most. The test’s main features include:
- Quick assessment (about 5 minutes)
- Interactive and intuitive
- Immediate results after testing
- Easy to understand report
- Secure and confidential
Cognivue ThriveTM objectively and quantitatively identifies changes in cognitive function, which could help with any potential challenges. The FDA approved test was designed to eliminate variability and inaccuracy through a unique software algorithm that uses patient responses to dynamically change and adapt the test according to the patient’s performance.
Interpreting the Results of Your Screening
Reading and interpreting Cognivue Testing results allow you and your doctor to explore related conditions and create a plan of action designed to limit or eliminate continuing decline. Those who use the testing platform are classified into three different categories:
- Scores Over 75 indicate that you have normal cognitive function.
- Scores Between 51 and 74 show that you are experiencing some or low cognitive impairment, which means you should begin to explore causes and find ways to manage them.
- Scores 50 and Below reveal significant cognitive impairment, indicating that it is critical for you and your doctor to identify and treat underlying causes to prevent further damage.
Always a pleasure to visit or contact Gold Country Hearing in Grass Valley. Audiologists and support staff all very competent and helpful — and, above all — such nice people.
Gold Country Hearing has all of the newest technology and fitted me with some state of the art hearing aids. Tracy also explained all of my options in detail. When programming my aids for the first time she knew just the right volume and other settings for optimal hearing without making it too loud, which is very important. I highly recommend Gold Country Hearing!!